C99 VLA (=Variable Lengh Array) helper macros... / was: Re: C99 Features

Roland Mainz rmainz at redhat.com
Thu Jul 9 10:44:17 EDT 2015

----- Original Message -----

[snip]
> -- snip --

Attached (as "vla.c.txt") is an updated version which fixes the reported issues:
- Added support to compile with pre-C99 compilers
- Added support for C11 VLA feature test macro |__STDC_NO_VLA__|
- Fix multiple evaluations of the |size| argument in |VLA_ALLOC_ALLOCATE()|
- Make testcase more troublesome for compilers and valgrind
- Add more comments how stuff works
- Attach code instead of pasting it inline to prevent the WebMail software from messing with the code

----

Bye,
Roland

--