no way to get LDAP info with tickets, is there?

Chris Hecker checker at d6.com
Mon Aug 17 15:01:26 EDT 2015

Yeah, I just needed the dn (or the uuid field) from LDAP for looking up in
a different db, but I can do it a different way in my setup.  Unfortunately
I don't have bandwidth right now to help out with The Right Solution.  I
would totally use it if it existed, though! :)

I assume this would be the POSIX version of what msft does by attaching a
bunch of stuff to the ticket?

Chris
On 08/17/2015 01:31 AM, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Aug 2015, Chris Hecker wrote:
>
>> I am assuming the crickets means no.  :)
> Well, that depends on how much code you are interested in writing.
>
> A little bit more seriously, the kitten working group has talked some
> about adopting a proposal for a "PAD" (Posix Authorization Data) container
> which would be a natural fit for many of the attributes that would be
> stored in LDAP.  But that's unlikely to be in a release for at least a few
> years, indeed if it ever is.
>
> -Ben

Chris,

What is the reason for your interest?
If you want some quick results then it is probably not something that
can be done.
If you are interested in making things happen and have an ability to
pass information in the tickets eventually then let us join the forces.

--
Thank you,
Dmitri Pal

Engineering Director, Identity Management and Platform Security
Red Hat, Inc.