krb5.conf and 32 vs 64-bit plugins

Russ Allbery eagle at eyrie.org
Mon Aug 17 11:38:33 EDT 2015

Tomas Kuthan <tomas.kuthan at oracle.com> writes:

> Just to clarify, with this proposal we are trying to address plugins in
> non-default library path (I should have made up a better example, such
> as "/opt/vendor/product/version/lib/plugins/$ISA/"). Default library
> path already works fine for both 32 and 64-bit.

> How about supporting the following macros, that would  be settable at
> configure with the following default values:

> #define ISA_STRING "/$ISA/"
> #define ISA_32 "/"
> #define ISA_64 "/64/"

> I believe this should offer enough flexibility.

This wouldn't work for Debian and Debian-derived systems that support full
multiarch, not just the biarch system that Red Hat initially implemented.

The variation that probably would work for those systems would be to allow
the expansion of $ISA to be defined at compile time, so that on Debian
amd64 (for example) it would be defined as "/x86_64-linux-gnu/".  But that
probably wouldn't be enough for Solaris, where you want to search multiple
paths.

--
Russ Allbery (eagle at eyrie.org)              <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>