Kerberos + LDAP question

Pascal Jakobi pascal.jakobi at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 09:08:23 EDT 2015

I have setup a KDC and an openldap server. Both seem to work like a
charm and are linked (krb5-server-ldap package).
Only a small issue remains. Not sure this is not a limitation in the server.

Here is what I see.

1/ If I create a principal in kadmin.local, "/*addprinc
test1 at JAKOBI.FR*/", the corresponding principal is stored in the realm
subtree in the directory.
2/ If I create a principal in kadmin.local with its LDAP DN, "/*addprinc
-x dn="uid=test2,ou=people,dc=jakobi,dc=fr*//*" test2 at JAKOBI.FR*/", the
DN entry is updated with the kerberos info stuff (principal name, etc.)
- which is fine. However, the principal does not seem to be created in
the directory, but rather on the KDC.

Is this the expected behaviour ?
If so, should I update manually, the DN and the principal entry by hand
in the Directory ?

Thanks in advance

--
Pascal Jakobi <mailto:pascal.jakobi at gmail.com>