Heap Corruption with large authorization header values

Tim Vega tvega at tableausoftware.com
Wed Nov 12 18:58:25 EST 2014

Hi Greg,

We ran into another bug of a similar nature

Line 868 of src\lib\gssapi\krb5\accept_sec_context.c:
if ((ctx = (krb5_gss_ctx_id_rec *) xmalloc(sizeof(krb5_gss_ctx_id_rec)))

Would it also be safe to change this xmalloc call to gssalloc_malloc? We're concerned with running into more of the same as well. Is there some sort of systematic rule we can use to determine if it's safe to convert xmalloc calls to gssalloc_malloc?

Tim