Unable to resolve "symbol des_FP_table, version k5crypto_3_MIT" error

Amit Thukral amit.thukral403 at gmail.com
Mon May 19 12:21:12 EDT 2014

Hi All,

I am using mit kerberos version krb5-1.10.3.tar.gz package for one of my
program to implement kerberos functionality.
However, I am getting following error while trying to use ftp which uses
libk5crypto.so.3 library generated by above tar ball in different location.

ftp: relocation error: /usr/lib/libdes425.so.3: symbol des_FP_table,
version k5crypto_3_MIT not defined in file libk5crypto.so.3 with link time
reference

The same version of the library is present in /usr/lib/ also and when I ran
ldconfig to make the ftp point to /usr/lib/, ftp works fine but my program
doesn't.

Can anybody please suggest the solution for this ?

Regards,
Amit Thukral