any hidden dependency for krb5_context?

Bin Lu blu at paloaltonetworks.com
Mon Jun 16 18:57:00 EDT 2014

Hi,

I am doing something like this:

Initialize several krb5_context in one thread and put it in a global (pool) structure, then other threads get krb5_context from the pool and do the real work.

I noticed that the krb5_context objects work fine in the thread where they are initialized, but when they are used in other threads, they don't (error code: KRB5_REALM_CANT_RESOLVE). I thought the realm should have been resolved during krb5_init_context() from env("KRB5_CONFIG"). so my question is does a krb5_context object rely on any hidden settings ?

Thanks,
-binlu