[kitten] Token Preauth for Kerberos

Zheng, Kai kai.zheng at intel.com
Tue Jul 8 21:49:55 EDT 2014

Hi Creg,

> this sounds like creating a container-of-anything within an existing container-of-anything.  That is, if you see something within an AD-TOKEN subcontainer, you don't know anything about what it is, only something about where it came from and how it is encoded.

Hmmm, not exactly as what I mean. It's container-of-exactly-token within the existing container-of-anything (AD-KDC-ISSUED). Looking at AD-TOKEN subcontainer, applications are meant to get a token from it, as AD-TOKEN could be defined as:
   AD-TOKEN            ::= SEQUENCE {
           token     [0] OCTET STRING,
   }
The token is defined as JWT token, and can be converted as OCTET STRING according to how JWT tokens are serialized into binary bytes.

Looks like AD-CAMMAC is a better alternative to AD-KDC-ISSUED, so as you suggested we can use it instead, though it's a little bit complex regarding implementation.

Regards,
Kai