ipa-server

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Sun Feb 2 10:44:46 EST 2014

On 02/02/2014 12:23 AM, Mahmoud wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thank you for your attention.
>
> The following commands are recommended to install freeipa. I would
> like to know that could I install freeipa without following command?
>
> chkconfig NetworkManager off; service NetworkManager stop
> chkconfig NetworkManagerDispatcher off; service
> NetworkManagerDispatcher stop
> chkconfig network on; service network start

This recommendation is about 6 years old. In the past NetworkManager
under some conditions changed the hostname or IP of the machine causing
the IPA installation unusable. I do not think it is happening any more.
At least I have not heard about it for quite a while. This statement
should probably be removed from the documentation.
Ticket https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/4156

> Best regards.
>
> On Sat, Feb 1, 2014 at 10:24 PM, Dmitri Pal <dpal at redhat.com
> <mailto:dpal at redhat.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 02/01/2014 01:32 PM, Mahmoud wrote:
>     > Hello,
>     > Could you help me, what problems NetworkManager can cause with
>     FreeIPA and
>     > the KDC?
>     >
>     > best regards.
>     <mailto:krbdev at mit.edu>
>     >
>     >
>     This is probably a question for the freeipa-users list more than
>     for the
>     Kerbdev.
>     Please specify your concerns and use cases. I do not think there
>     are any
>     issues related to NetworkManager and FreeIPA KDC.
>     But It is really unclear what you asking about. Are you looking to
>     have
>     some special network configuration? Anything special on the clients or
>     on the server?
>     I have NetworkManager on my laptop machine and Kerberos with SSSD
>     works
>     fine with it for last 4 years since early version of SSSD.
>
>     --
>     Thank you,
>     Dmitri Pal
>
>     Sr. Engineering Manager for IdM portfolio
>     Red Hat Inc.

Thank you,
Dmitri Pal

Red Hat Inc.