Unknown credential cache type "DIR"

ssayyed ssayyed at us.ibm.com
Fri Apr 25 06:28:25 EDT 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to use MIT Kerberos cache collection functionality provided from
1.10 version onwards. I had used 1.12.1 (latest version) source code & have
successfully build it on Windows platform. I searched that to enable the
cache collection functionality one must set environment variable
KRB5CCNAME=DIR:/path/to/the/directory. And kinit does the rest. This works
fine on Linux platform but on Windows pops out the given error.

C:\kerberos64\bin> set KRB5CCNAME=DIR:C:\cache_collection_dir

C:\kerberos64\bin> kinit.exe PRINCIPAL_1
kinit.exe: Unknown credential cache type while getting default ccache

Does this means that the "DIR" option is not supported on Windows or is
there an alternative way yo achieve this ?

Regards,
Sam.