kerberos with ccselect plugin

Shao, Shuchao sshao at websense.com
Fri Sep 13 05:13:43 EDT 2013

Hello krbdev list,

I want to use the ccselect plugin with Kerberos,  but I always get the error says that  failed to load the ccselect.so. The following is the steps I take,

1.  Download krb5-1.10.6, unzip it;    ./configure -enable-shared=yes;   make;   make install
2.  Copy the ccselect.so file (under src/lib/krb5/ccache) to /usr/lib
3.  Edit the /etc/krb5.conf to enable the plugin,
[plugins]
    ccselect = {
        module = ccselect:/usr/lib/ccselect.so
        enable_only = ccselect
    }
4. Enter the directory src/tests/gssapi, execute the testing program for ccselect will get the ERROR,
[root at client216 gssapi]# ./t_ccselect administrator at SIMON-QAWCG.COM
gss_init_sec_context: Unspecified GSS failure.  Minor code may provide more information
gss_init_sec_context: unable to load plugin [/usr/lib/ccselect.so]: /usr/lib/ccselect.so: only ET_DYN and ET_EXEC can be loaded
5. Check the file format of ccselect.so,
[root at client216 gssapi]# file /usr/lib/ccselect.so
/usr/lib/ccselect.so: ELF 32-bit LSB relocatable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), not stripped

Am I missing something to make it work?

Thanks,
Simon