ipadb.so

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Mon Sep 9 10:56:49 EDT 2013

On 09/08/2013 11:08 PM, Mahmoud wrote:
> Hello Mr Dmitri Pal
>
> I thought FreeIpa uses krb5-1.10.3, but I use klist -V get following
> result:
> Kerberos 5 version 1.10.3
Hello Mahmoud,

1.11 was released upstream 2012-12-17
RHEL 6.4 was released in Feb and has 1.10 as you notice. Two months is
before release is too late to take in a rebase of Kerberos package.
RHEL7 will have 1.11 + patches.
Fedora 19 already has 1.11
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=321

IMO you would be more successful taking Fedora 1.11 package and using it.

However I am not sure what specific feature is missing for you in 1.10
so that you are looking for the later version.

Thanks
Dmitri

> Thank you for your  time and attention.
>

> On Sun, Sep 8, 2013 at 10:58 PM, Dmitri Pal <dpal at redhat.com
> <mailto:dpal at redhat.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 09/08/2013 11:40 AM, Simo Sorce wrote:
>     > On Sun, 2013-09-08 at 12:14 +0430, Mahmoud wrote:
>     >> Hello,
>     >>
>     >> I want to use mit compiled kerberos source code instead default
>     installed
>     >> kerberos via freeipa. I do not know how compile kerberos to use
>     ipadb.so
>     >> and kdb_function_table plugin. I get following error:
>     >> In the log file:
>     >> krb5kdc: Unable to load requested database module 'ipadb.so':
>     plugin symbol
>     >> 'kdb_function_table' not found - while initializing database
>     for realm
>     >> EXAMPLE.COM <http://EXAMPLE.COM>
>     >> Could anybody  help me please ?
>     > Mahmoud, FreeIPA uses MIT Kerberos already, it may be easier to
>     help you
>     > if you explain what you are trying to achieve and the reason why you
>     > want to rebuild the KDC code.
>     >
>     > Simo.
>     >
>     IPA uses latest MIT code. The packages in Fedora are very recent.
>     If you are looking for specific patches that are available
>     upstream and
>     not in Fedora please let us know.
>
>     --
>     Thank you,
>     Dmitri Pal
>
>     Sr. Engineering Manager for IdM portfolio
>     Red Hat Inc.

Thank you,
Dmitri Pal

Red Hat Inc.