KDC code

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk at MIT.EDU
Sat Sep 7 15:24:05 EDT 2013

On Fri, 6 Sep 2013, Mahmoud wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to change the kerberos server side code to effect on client
> authentication. I do not know when client use kinit, which server side
> codes are executed. Could you help me, please?

The question is phrased such that I'm not sure whether you correctly
understand the kerberos model; if not,
http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/dialogue.html may be enlightening.

The KDC sources are in the src/kdc/ directory of the distribution; the
code in dispatch.c determines how to process incoming requests.  Most of
the time, a client's invocation of kinit ends up in do_as_req.c.

-Ben Kaduk