How to find out bitness of gss library?

Weijun Wang weijun.wang at oracle.com
Mon Nov 18 09:35:00 EST 2013

Hi All

Oracle's Java includes a bridge that can use the native libgss, 32 bit
Java uses 32 bit lib, and 64 bit uses 64 bit. In our testing
environment, we call krb5-config first to detect if native libgss is
available, and run the Java tests if yes.

The problem is, a 64 bit Linux system can have both 32 bit and 64 bit
libraries installed, and we would like to find out if the installed
libgss is one, the other, or both, so that we can determine which
version of Java we can test. Is there a way to find out this?

Thanks
Max