Regarding Credential Cache

Mohit Aggrawal mohit500 at gmail.com
Wed May 29 09:25:36 EDT 2013

Thanks Benjamin for the details.I have debugged the code and our analysis
is as follows

we have build and copies the Kerberos library in our windows system so the
registry value are not initialized . I have debugged the code
of function *krb5_cc_default_name* and find out that we are checking the
environment variable* **KRB5_ENV_CCNAME* and if it is not set then we are
calling function *get_from_os* and *get_from_os_buffe*r . In which we are
checking the registry values HKCU and HKLM and if they are not present then
we are initialing the *os_ctx->default_ccname* name as* API:krb5cc*.

After that as shown in code snippet we are passing the default_name value *
API:krb5cc*  to *krb5_cc_resolve*  and after debugging this function I have
found out that* **find_serv*er  function in file client.cxx line no 383 is
failing and after debugging the * find_server* function
I found that   *sWaitForSingleObject(hEvent, (SECONDS_TO_WAIT)*1000);*  is
returning 258 and function  *RpcMgmtIsServerListening(ccs_request_IfHandle);
* is returning 1715 . In the stack unwinding phase * **
cci_os_ipc_thread_init* in file *ccapi_os_ipc.cxx *is returning 1813 which
is passed on to the other higher layers and at last returned by  function
krb5_cc_default.
I have checked the system error codes which gives it's meaning as
*ERROR_RESOURCE_TYPE_NOT_FOUND.
 *Do i need to configure or set and resource for kerberos 1.11.??

I have also observed that the* endpoint* parameter in the*
find_server*function is taking value as
*krbcc.999.0.ep* is it correct ??

Since we were using the kerberos library 1.5.3 previously and now we are
upgrading it to 1.11 . Please let me know if we need to do some extra
configuration and setting for kerberos 1.11.

Let me know if any other details are required from me .

-Many Thanks
      Mohit