Building Kerberos on AIX

Greg Hudson ghudson at MIT.EDU
Fri May 3 13:13:19 EDT 2013

AIX and HPUX are not supported platforms for us, so you may have
multiple problems trying to build there.  I will try to address the
initial problems.

On AIX, you appear to be running into a lack of IPv6 support.  Although
1.9 was intended to build on platforms without IPv6 support, a few more
recently-added bits of IPv6 code appear to mistakenly access the
ss_family field of struct sockaddr_storage directly.  You could try the
changes here:

https://github.com/greghudson/krb5/commit/c0ab6284f3c682a15cf6fee6d4d15f676808077f

Be aware that as of release 1.11, we require IPv6 support.  It sounds
like some versions of AIX have IPv6 support, but perhaps the version
you're building on does not.

On HPUX, you are running into some broken declarations which only cause
a problem when OM_uint32 is "unsigned long" instead of "unsigned int".
I've pushed a fix to the master branch which you could try applying to
your sources:

https://github.com/krb5/krb5/commit/8c4db8f776c65b50fe3af82fd62a67022dd9a6d5