KDC Audit project

Nico Williams nico at cryptonector.com
Mon Jan 14 17:30:48 EST 2013

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 3:58 PM, Luke Howard <lukeh at padl.com> wrote:
> libjansson is also nice (we used that in Moonshot and BrowserID). It has a fairly clean API and reference counting. Doesn't have the path stuff though, that is rather nifty!

I know, right?  Path stuff is a huge win.  I want to add a version
that takes a single path string using / to separate path components.
That should be even easier to use.

If you have any complex data with a schema (documented or otherwise)
then XPath/JQuery-like accessors become critical for ease of use.

Also, the good news is that it's fairly trivial to layer path APIs
above whatever API one chooses.  We really do need a standard XPath
like thing for JSON.  IIUC I saw a proposal for one on
apps-discuss at ietf.org...  ah!  JSON Pointer:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-appsawg-json-pointer-08

Nico