KDC Audit project

Nico Williams nico at cryptonector.com
Mon Jan 14 10:38:03 EST 2013

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 6:55 AM, Dmitri Pal <dpal at redhat.com> wrote:
> This is nice but not exactly what I had in mind.
> What is missing IMO is ability to combine objects into objects.
> May be I am missing something but array or dictionary interfaces manage
> objects but not objects themselves which does not allow for hierarchy
> creation.

Nested objects are fully supported.  My JSON example was intended to
show this.  You thought that the JSON and dict stuff are completely
distinct, but they are not: JSON bits is just a serialization.

You can have dicts and arrays as values in arrays and dicts.  Heck,
this even allows you to have dicts and arrays as keys of dicts (which
JSON does not allow).

> By a quick look it seems that a c-JSON like library would fit better.

Link?

> If on the other hand you plan to add ability to construct nested objects
> to the library then it would also solve the problem and make the library
> very useful.

Nested objects are already fully supported, with even more power than
in in JS/JSON.

Nico