Cannot build latest krb5 on Mac 10.9

Weijun Wang weijun.wang at oracle.com
Thu Dec 19 20:52:10 EST 2013

On 12/20/13, 0:54, Greg Hudson wrote:
> On 12/19/2013 09:52 AM, Weijun Wang wrote:
>> So this iaesx64.so has a different arch. Could that be the problem?
>
> Configuring with --disable-aesni should work around this for now.

Thanks. This works.

I met another problem:

+ gcc -undefined error -dead_strip -dynamiclib -compatibility_version 0
-current_version 0.0 -install_name /usr/local/lib/libkrad.0.0.dylib
-exported_symbols_list darwin.exports -g -O2 -fno-common -o
libkrad.0.0.dylib attr.so attrset.so client.so code.so packet.so
remote.so -L../../lib -lkrb5 -lk5crypto -lcom_err -lkrb5support -lresolv
-lverto -Wl,-search_paths_first -dylib_file
/usr/local/lib/libkrb5support.1.1.dylib:../../lib/libkrb5support.1.1.dylib
-dylib_file
/usr/local/lib/libkadm5srv.5.1.dylib:../../lib/libkadm5srv.5.1.dylib
-dylib_file /usr/local/lib/libkdb5.4.0.dylib:../../lib/libkdb5.4.0.dylib
   "_verto_set_flags", referenced from:
       _remote_add_flags in remote.so
       _on_io in remote.so

There is a libverto.dylib in my /usr/local/lib but I don't know how it's
installed. The owner is root so it does not come from brew. Running
strings on it does not show the symbols krb5 needs.

Anyway, I go inside util/verto and manually call make there to generate
krb5's own libverto. Then the whole make runs fine.

Thanks
Max