Learning Kerberos for development

letz.yaara letz.yaara at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 05:27:45 EDT 2013

I'm using libkrb5, on Linux.
I have a fee issues in which I'm straggling with, can you please help me
understand or redirect me to some documentation :

1 - When *gss_acquire_cred* returns major error *GSS_S_FAILURE*, how do I
parse the minor mechanism error ? *gss_display_status *returns an *empty
string (*and I can't find the code anywhere else).
2 - In what use case scenarios I have multiples messages to be processed by
*gss_display_status* ( in which I need to call gss_display_status again
according to the message_context argument)
3 - *gss_acquire_cred* - where does it keep its cred cache? (not /tmp/
krb5cc_something) and if I'm calling this function again - will it use the
cached credentials?
4 - *gsskrb5_register_acceptor_identity - *can I use this function instead
of setting the environment variable *KRB5_KTNAME *?(not using
/etc/krb5.conf at all)
5. In *gss_acquire_cred - t**ime_rec* argument is described as "The number
of seconds for which the credential will remain valid.* If the time
remaining is not required*, specify NULL for this parameter." --> what does
it mean "*If the time remaining is not required" *? can my cached
credentials be indefinitely valid? (Basically I want to know in advance
when my credentials are expired and how to I control this date while
creating the keytab)

Thank you in advance,
Yaara

Sent from Yaara's phone