Initial Auth Realm Fall-back

Henry B. Hotz hotz at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Aug 19 16:35:06 EDT 2013

Shouldn't the fallback option be in [appdefaults] instead?

I'm not sure I have a general problem, assuming the default behavior is no-fallback.  For actual deployment, it seems like a can of worms, and I'm not sure I can identify what they all are.

For the specific case of all the realms satisfying the NIST 800-63 constraints on cross-realm relationships I think it's OK.  (From memory: that's all realms under the same administrative control, and all usernames synchronized, but don't hold me to it.)

Henry.B.Hotz at jpl.nasa.gov, or hbhotz at oxy.edu