Configuring OTPOverRadius

Cornelius Kölbel cornelius.koelbel at lsexperts.de
Mon Aug 5 11:26:02 EDT 2013

Hello,

I tried to setup a KDC with OTPoverRadius in a lab environment following
http://k5wiki.kerberos.org/wiki/Projects/OTPOverRADIUS.

I checked out the latest commit 7963a951f326c854d2faa5f26827407632c2b496
from August 1st from github.com/krb5/krb5 and compiled from source.

I used the same sources on the client machine, and configured a user
with pre-auth and static password, which works fine.
The otp preauth seemed to have compiled successfully:
    /usr/local/lib/krb5/plugins/preauth/otp.so

Now I wanted to see the preauth against the RADIUS so I add this to my
kdc.conf:

[otp]
DEFAULT = {
        server = 172.16.200.146
        secret = geheim
        strip_realm = true
}

and added the user string:
kadmin.local:  get_strings cornelius
otp: [{}]

But when doing a kinit on the client machine, the KDC still sends a
ERR_PREAUTH_REQUIRED and the user can authenticate with the static
password. No RADIUS traffic.

What is the status of the OTP/Radius plugin?
Did I miss something?

Thanks a lot and kind regards
Cornelius

--