How to use KRB5RCACHENAME?

Greg Hudson ghudson at MIT.EDU
Fri Apr 26 17:58:53 EDT 2013

On 04/26/2013 09:34 AM, Weijun Wang wrote:
> It seems KRB5RCACHETYPE and KRB5RCACHEDIR have affects on rcache path,
> but KRB5RCACHENAME does not. I thought it can be used to overwrite the
> service_euid name.

The code to use KRB5RCACHENAME is essentially orphaned.  It is used by
krb5_rc_default_name(), which is used by krb5_rc_default(), but neither
of those functions is part of the public API, nor are they used by any
other code in the tree.

I'm not sure how this came to be; it's been this way for a long time
(since the public/private API distinction came during 1.2.x).