deprecating kerbsrc.zip

Nico Williams nico at cryptonector.com
Thu Sep 20 12:36:18 EDT 2012

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 10:40 AM, Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk at mit.edu> wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Sep 2012, Nico Williams wrote:
>> I use git-gui (http://gitgui.com/), and sometimes I use it from Cygwin
>> and am then annoyed that it's not a cygwin app (e.g., it doesn't use
>> $PAGER to page long outputs, and it causes the cygwin terminal to hang
>> if I forget to limit, say, git log output).
>
> Hmm, that looks to still be a work-in-progress that you have to compile
> yourself.

I... don't recall building it.  I agree that it's a work-in-progress,
or at least the GUI is.  I use the GUI (native win32) and also use the
same git implementation via Cygwin to manage my workspaces, even
though native builds run from a cmd.exe window.  This works well
enough for me; maybe it could work well enough for you.

> Christopher, I seem to be thinking of msysgit when talking about git for
> windows; I guess I haven't had enough experience with msys to grow to
> distrust it as I do cygwin.  Are you arguing for kerbsrc.zip to be retained?

I'm not arguing anything re: kerbsrc.zip.  I don't even know what it
is.  I was only responding to your comment about git on Windows.

Nico