deprecating kerbsrc.zip

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk at MIT.EDU
Thu Sep 20 11:40:52 EDT 2012

On Wed, 19 Sep 2012, Nico Williams wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 4:29 PM, Christopher D. Clausen
> <cclausen at acm.org> wrote:
>> Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk at mit.edu> wrote:
>>> I believe other developers are just using git clients natively on
>>> windows.
>>
>> Can you point me to a native git client for Windows?  All the ones I
>> know about require cygwin or msys and therefore I don't consider them
>> "native."
>
> I use git-gui (http://gitgui.com/), and sometimes I use it from Cygwin
> and am then annoyed that it's not a cygwin app (e.g., it doesn't use
> $PAGER to page long outputs, and it causes the cygwin terminal to hang
> if I forget to limit, say, git log output).

Hmm, that looks to still be a work-in-progress that you have to compile
yourself.

Christopher, I seem to be thinking of msysgit when talking about git for
windows; I guess I haven't had enough experience with msys to grow to
distrust it as I do cygwin.  Are you arguing for kerbsrc.zip to be
retained?

-Ben