New GSS-preauth plugin available for testing

Luke Howard lukeh at padl.com
Wed Sep 5 08:24:33 EDT 2012

Hi Alejandro,

>> * for use_default_gss_cred/federated, Greg would probably prefer an int (I've been picked up for using bitfields before)
>
> Do you mean using a single int variable, and then using flags for the options? Why is that better? To maintain somehow struct size when adding new options?

I meant use separate ints for each variable, but actually maybe using krb5_boolean is a cleaner idea. Using char directly for a boolean type seems a little 1970s. ;-)

(Of course using flags is another option, so to speak.)

>> * there are a bunch of lines with trailing spaces that "git diff" flags
>
> How do I know what are these files, and how do I put them into their original shape? I'm quite new using git, sorry :)

I just meant removing lines in the files you have added or modified where lines contain trailing spaces (i.e. the last character(s) of a line is a space). It has nothing to do with git per se, just git flags it as it's nice to avoid.

> I don't think that's really necessary, since I'm comparing KRB names with GSS names. The common point is actually the text format.

Maybe gss_compare_name() would be nicer. Ask Nico. (The code is on the KDC side and appears to be comparing the initiator name with WELLKNOWN/FEDERATED.)

-- Luke