Installing pkg-config files for krb5

Stef Walter stefw at gnome.org
Tue Oct 23 07:41:48 EDT 2012

Took a while to get back to this ... sorry about that.

Attached is a new patch. In addition to the changes Greg suggested, I've
added some MIT specific pkg-config files to implement Sam's suggestion
of having vendor specific pkg-config files along side the general ones.

On 10/02/2012 07:34 PM, Greg Hudson wrote:
> On 09/27/2012 05:14 AM, Stef Walter wrote:
>> Using krb5 would be that much easier if it installed pkg-config files.
>
> I'm on board with this idea in principal, but I have some specific concerns.
>
> First, you appear to be extracting some stuff from $CC_LINK, including
> -Wl,-R flags, to put into the Libs line.  I don't believe this is a
> common or recommended practice for pkg-config files.

Fixed.

> Second, I think krb5.pc needs a Libs.private line containing
> -lkrb5support, for use with the --static option.

Done.

> Third, I think most of the Requires lines should be Requires.private
> lines.  A GSSAPI application, for instance, should only link against
> -lgssapi_krb5 (when not doing static linking) since there's no
> expectation that it's also going to use libkrb5 or libk5crypto functions.

Makes sense. I hope I got Requires.private in the kadm-server.pc and
kadm-client.pc files correct. I don't have experience with linking
applications against these libraries.

Cheers,

Stef