Installing pkg-config files for krb5

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Fri Oct 5 11:30:09 EDT 2012

    Simo> On Fri, 2012-10-05 at 11:03 -0400, Sam Hartman wrote:
    >> I don't have time to work on this, but it would be really nice if
    >> krb5 installed pkg-config and if its pkg-config name was
    >> different than heimdal.

    Simo> Wouldn't that mean that apps then need to know the pkg-config
    Simo> name and can't pick either transparently ?

Yes.
Debian and Ubuntu have a need to have both development environments
installed at the same time though.
We need to be able to build things like sasl plugins and pam modules
against both.
(We support this, although we don't install krb5-config if both Heimdal
and MIT SDKs are installed)
Having a .pc that conflicted would be fine too, so long as there are
separate names as well.

--Sam