KDC segmentation fault on krb5kdc

Abhilash S abhilashvkm at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 13:02:28 EST 2012

Hello Greg,

Thanks for the update!.
looks like upgrade to 1.10.X version will help.

Few clarifications;
 >>child KDC process dies, the master process kills all of the other child
processes and exits

I saw this issue, in last few occurrence,where process hangs when child
process get segmentation fault.
Does any network/system setting trigger this.
we are running under  Linux  ( 2.6.32-300.4.1.el5uek   Architecture:
amd64 )

we need to understand is there any specific scenario/test case where null
pointer dereference vulnerability in krb5 will trigger.(we didn't see this
issue earlier)

Thanks,
Abhilash

--