From external application binary, get version of dynamically loaded Kerberos library

Elzey, Blaine A (Blaine) blaine.elzey at alcatel-lucent.com
Mon Nov 12 09:38:50 EST 2012

How can I get the version of the Kerberos (krb5-1.10.3) shared libraries that are dynamically loaded by an external application.  I want to be able to print a debug message about the version of the library(ies) that are loaded.  Here are the libs I load dynamically (linked by "-l<lib_name> on link line):

com_err
gssapi_krb5
k5crypto
krb5
krb5support

I am hoping for something (constant defined in a header file used in the library) like I am using for other libraries:  "OPENSSL_VERSION_TEXT" for the OpenSSL version text and "LIBXML_DOTTED_VERSION" for the libxml2 version text.  Alternately might there be a get_version() function that I can call from my application after loading the library?

Thanks,

Blaine