KDC performance test - lookaside cache impact, testing framework

Greg Hudson ghudson at MIT.EDU
Thu May 24 02:11:56 EDT 2012

On 05/17/2012 07:59 AM, Petr Spacek wrote:
> Another question: Are there any public patches with proposals for better
> lookaside cache? I'm curious ... :-)

If you're still curious, I just put together this:

    https://github.com/greghudson/krb5/tree/lookaside

which uses a constant-size hash table defaulting to 16384 buckets; this
can be modified with the LOOKASIDE_HASH_SIZE preprocessor variable.  The
code would probably need a bit more work before going into the master
(mostly, the overly-clever linked list implementations need to be better
commented).

We could also consider making the hash table configurably or dynamically
sized, but I don't want to go overboard.