The krb5 source repository has migrated to Git

Tom Yu tlyu at MIT.EDU
Mon May 14 15:03:32 EDT 2012

We are pleased to announce that we have successfully migrated the main
MIT krb5 source repository from Subversion to Git during the weekend
of 2012-05-11.  This migration allows us to benefit from the
capabilities of a modern distributed version control system, and makes
it easier for contributors and collaborators to participate in our
development efforts.

Public read-only Git access is available at:

    git://github.com/krb5/krb5.git

Public repository browsing is available at:

    https://github.com/krb5/krb5

Additional details about getting the MIT krb5 source code are
available at:

    http://k5wiki.kerberos.org/wiki/Getting_source_code

Procedures for interacting with the new Git repository are at:

    http://k5wiki.kerberos.org/wiki/Coding_style/Version_control_practices

Historical commit hashes remained consistent between the conversions
that produced the test repository krb5-test.git and the production
repository krb5.git, so people who were tracking krb5-test.git should
be able to rebase cleanly to krb5.git.

If you were previously tracking our krb5-anonsvn.git repository on
GitHub, you can find additional information about rebasing your
existing work to the production krb5.git repository at:

    http://k5wiki.kerberos.org/wiki/Git_migration

We thank Alejandro Sedeno, Simo Sorce, Nico Williams, and many others
who gave us advice and feedback during the course of this migration.

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns about this
migration.  Thank you all for your patience, and we look forward to
working with you using Git.