undefined reference to `krb5int_dbgref_dump_principal'

W. Trevor King wking at tremily.us
Mon May 14 12:10:23 EDT 2012

Hello list!

I'm trying to debug some reverse DNS issues, so I tried compiling krb5
with DEBUG_REFERRALS set in k5-int.h.  Unfortunately, this caused the
build to crash with:

  krb/gc_via_tkt.so: In function `krb5_get_cred_via_tkt_ext':
  gc_via_tkt.c:(.text+0xa4a): undefined reference to `krb5int_dbgref_dump_principal'
  gc_via_tkt.c:(.text+0xa62): undefined reference to `krb5int_dbgref_dump_principal'
  os/sn2princ.so: In function `krb5_sname_to_principal':
  sn2princ.c:(.text+0x1cd): undefined reference to `krb5int_dbgref_dump_principal'
  collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Digging through the git logs, krb5int_dbgref_dump_principal was added
to walk_rtree.c by:

  commit 25860eac35980ab0d8d786fe1d06ced26a04d2db
  Author: Sam Hartman <hartmans at mit.edu>
  Date:   Thu Sep 21 01:48:50 2006 +0000

    Set the canonicalize flag in TGS requests and accept cross-realm referral tickets.
    We do not yet accept tickets in which the server name changes.

    ticket: 2652
    Owner: amb

    git-svn-id: svn://anonsvn.mit.edu/krb5/trunk@18598 dc483132-0cff-0310-8789-dd5450dbe970

and then removed by:

  commit 1a56ea6a655b191ea2ecde21c57efe746d64c378