Fedora ticket cache location

Henry B. Hotz hotz at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Jun 12 16:34:33 EDT 2012

I disagree with using symlinks to bypass /etc/nsswitch.  The whole point of storing user information in e.g. LDAP is so you can centrally manage things like username->UID mapping.  If the central repository for that information changes then you need to update *all* instances of how the local machine uses it.

If there's a performance problem, then we either need to live with it, or find a more efficient abstraction.  The decision of whether to use central or local configuration, and whether to incur the performance penalties, is up the the organization doing the deployment.

Henry.B.Hotz at jpl.nasa.gov, or hbhotz at oxy.edu