Default client keytab name

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Mon Jul 23 11:53:44 EDT 2012

    Nico> But if a daemon like gssd is trying to use said keytab then
    Nico> we're back to the same problem as with ccaches.  Even w/o a
    Nico> daemon.

While I think we should consider gssd, and while I'd like to find a
solution that works for everything including gssd, I consider gssd kind
of special.

My primary use case here is getting rid of kstart not gssd.

Even now I don't run across a lot of NFSv4 with Kerberos; I run across
other Kerberos services far more.
However, I do agree that client keytabs could be very useful for gssd.

I think that looking up pwnam(geteuid()) could work for gssd.  You'd
need to be careful if /etc was NFS mounted not to cause recursion with
getpwnam(), but that's managable.