Parameterized search paths for default keytab, ccache

Nico Williams nico at cryptonector.com
Wed Jul 18 15:10:37 EDT 2012

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 1:24 PM, Greg Hudson <ghudson at mit.edu> wrote:
> The options I can see are (phrased in terms of ccaches for simplicity):

I'm not sure that we need searchlist functionality for any reason
other than support for folks who need to interop _locally_ with
implementations that use the old /tmp/krb5cc_uid scheme.  If that's so
then you might want one more option:

4.  Searchlists only for ccache, and if none of the possible ccaches
exist, then return the first one.

You might add:

5.  If no {ccache, keytab} exists, return the first one.

Otherwise, from your options my preference is #1, else #3.  I'm not
wild about #3 either, but I'm less wild about #2 (including #2a).

Nico