krb5 commit: Use consistent types for overflow comparison

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk at MIT.EDU
Thu Jul 12 10:59:32 EDT 2012

On Fri, 6 Jul 2012, Danilo Almeida wrote:

> Benjamin,
>
> I would suggest having some internal utility functions that do
> addition/subtraction/multiplication (or whatever you need) in some
> k5-overflow.c (or whatever) file and call those in the main code.  Then
> there is just one file you need to fix if the overflow check changes.

Hi Danilo,

I thought about this some (sorry for the delay in responding), but I just
don't see a picture in which such a framework would be useful.  There are
many different types that could be considered for inclusion, but what
check is needed is frequently specific to the code in question.  I don't
see enough reusability to warrant a set of library routines.

-Ben