Project review: GSS credential store extensions

Nico Williams nico at cryptonector.com
Thu Jul 12 00:41:42 EDT 2012

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 10:23 PM, Luke Howard <lukeh at padl.com> wrote:
> Using const char * instead of gss_const_buffer_t is a little unusual for GSS, thoughts? (Nico?)

In function arguments, yes.  I suppose we should never use char *.
The use of gss_buffer_t where const char * would do is one of those
things I thoroughly dislike about the GSS-API.  We've added
gss_const_buffer_t, but not a struct where the value pointer is a
const void *, right?

I'm not terribly happy with this API, but I think it will do.  I've
voiced before changes I'd like to see made before it's too late.

Nico