Building agains dynamic libptread in Debian Stable

Alejandro Perez Mendez alex at um.es
Tue Jul 10 08:50:12 EDT 2012

On 10/07/12 13:21, Sam Hartman wrote:
> I do not believe that  you would need to link the KDC with threads
> support in order to call mech_eap from one thread in a preauth plugin.
> Similarly for kinit.
>
> If you plan to use mech_eap or another GSS mechanism from multiple
> threads at once, I strongly recommend that you arrange for libpthread to
> be loaded before libgssapi_krb5 gets called.
HI Sam,

thank you for your response. However, that's not exactly the problem I
have. I'm just trying to get mech_eap.so working with standard
gss-client/gss-client, as indicated into the moonshot wiki. Nothing
else. The problem is that, when mech_glue tries to dynamically load the
mech_eap.so library, it fails complaining because
"/usr/local/lib/gss/mech_eap.so: undefined symbol: pthread_key_create".
Nevertheless, If I add the "-lpthread" to the gss-client/gss-server
Makefile, it successfully loads the plugin.

It may not be a problem of how Kerberos is built, but of how mech_eap is
built. Or it maybe be just a problem of my system's configuration
(though I started from a clean Debian Stable system). That's what I'm
trying to figure out.

But what I can tell is that using Kerberos out of the box + mech_eap out
of the box, and trying to get gss-client/gss-server working using that
mechanism, didn't worked for me.

Regards,
Alejandro