Moving everything in src/ up a level

Greg Hudson ghudson at MIT.EDU
Thu Feb 16 17:08:01 EST 2012

On 02/16/2012 01:13 PM, Simo Sorce wrote:
> I am concerned with source code history.
>
> Usually renames cause issues in that area, so I tend to look at mass
> renames unfavorably, but that's just me I guess.

After some experimentation with git and some IRC discussion, I'm pulling
a 180.  For some operations, git can follow renames fairly
transparently, I think, but for some other basic ones, like "git log
directoryname", it can't.  (And even for "git log filename", it doesn't
by default.)

Instead, I think we can just have a src/doc/Makefile.in which pulls
source files from $(top_srcdir)/../doc instead of from $(srcdir).