Moving everything in src/ up a level

Greg Hudson ghudson at MIT.EDU
Thu Feb 16 11:21:23 EST 2012

On 02/16/2012 09:05 AM, Simo Sorce wrote:
> can't you just move the autoconf files up and leave src/ where it is ?
> I work on a few packages that do that without issues.

We could.  However, (1) that would require many more changes to the
build system, and (2) it would still require adjusting everything that
automates building the krb5 tree (although it would be less disruptive
to patches.)

So, I'm willing to consider this option if we have input that it would
make life a lot easier for someone, but it's not our preferred option in
the absence of such input.