Getting the right error code in tryagain client pre-auth interface

Alejandro Perez Mendez alex at um.es
Mon Aug 6 06:11:03 EDT 2012

Hello,

when implementing the "tryagain" callback, I need to check whether the
error code is the one I'm expecting to deal with (in my case,
KRB5KDC_ERR_MORE_PREAUTH_DATA_REQUIRED). The numeric value of code is 91.

The problem is that, in order to make it work with the other functions,
I had to define that constant not as 91, but as:

    #define KRB5KDC_ERR_MORE_PREAUTH_DATA_REQUIRED   (-1765328293L)

    which was the value assigned to KRB5PLACEHOLD_91

Thus, I cannot use that constant to check the error->error value in the
"tryagain" callback, since that parameter takes the 91 value, not the
-1765328293L one.

Is this an error, and the error->error value should be -1765328293L, or
should I "preprocess" the value to make it match the one in the #define?

Regards,
Alejandro