Default client keytab name

Greg Hudson ghudson at MIT.EDU
Thu Aug 2 00:43:32 EDT 2012

On 07/21/2012 10:29 AM, ghudson at MIT.EDU wrote:
> Soon there will be support for parameterizing the name.  Once that's
> in, what should we use for the built-in default?  Here are some

Taking account the discussion, I think I will go with:

  FILE:$localstatedir/krb5/user/%{euid}/client.keytab

This is overridable at build time.  The build-time default is
discoverable through krb5-config --defcktname, and the runtime default
(after parameterization and possible override from krb5.conf or
$KRB5_CLIENT_KTNAME) is discoverable through the output of klist -k -i.