help with gss_acquire_cred

Arthur Tsoi Arthur.Tsoi at marklogic.com
Thu Apr 5 14:11:50 EDT 2012

I'm using gss on linux (fedora) and using mit kerberos.
I tried to get the cred from a keytab but got the following error:

GSS-API error gss_acquire_cred: Unspecified GSS failure.  Minor code may provide more information
GSS-API error gss_acquire_cred: Key table entry not found

Here is the code:

  maj_stat = gss_acquire_cred(&min_stat, server_name, 0,
                              GSS_C_NO_OID_SET, GSS_C_ACCEPT,
                              &server_creds, NULL, NULL);

  if (maj_stat != GSS_S_COMPLETE) {
    display_status("gss_acquire_cred", maj_stat, min_stat);
    return -1;
  }

I verified that the service is in the keytab file.

What is the problem? Do I need to call any krb5 api before gss_acquire_cred?

Thanks,
Arthur