GSS memory allocation initial cut for review

Nico Williams nico at cryptonector.com
Wed Oct 5 00:22:07 EDT 2011

On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 1:54 PM, Nico Williams <nico at cryptonector.com> wrote:
> At first glance I'm tempted to conclude that the problem is that one
> mechglue cannot impose these sorts of requirements on other mechglues.
>  It seems like a matter of principle.

I should say: it is a matter of principle.  I suppose that we could
reach agreement on a proposal like yours modified as I proposed.
However, I do believe that Jeff is right to suggest that the correct
forum for this is KITTEN WG (not necessarily that we should publish
RFC, and certainly not as a prerequisite, but, rather, that we should
reach consensus there).

If there's a simple resolution to the *technical* issues with your
proposal (I do think there is, though I'd like to hear from the
Windows experts among us and at KITTEN), I suspect that the various
GSS C bindings implementors could quickly reach agreement on it.  I
suggest, if you're in a hurry, that post on kitten at ietf.org sooner
rather than later.

Nico