SASL support for kldap

Chris Hecker checker at d6.com
Tue Nov 15 02:11:30 EST 2011

> it but it's never used). Beyond that, we'd want to introduce a more
> structured convention for differentiating LDAP options between the
> KDC and kadmind before introducing 13 new config parameters with
> global, KDC, and kadmind variants.

Is there a limit on the depth of the profile nesting?  In other words,
is this valid?

[dbmodules]
    ldapconf = {
        dbname = ldap
        db_library = kldap
	ldap_kadmin = {
		ldap_tls_cert_file = blah
	}
     }

I've only ever seen three levels, not four, but I'm not very experienced
here.  If it works (profile_add_relation looks like it would at a quick
glance), you could imagine reusing the same parameters and checking the
ldapconf, ldap_kadmin, and ldap_kdc levels for the most specific
version, which would get rid of a bunch of the names.

Or, were you talking about some more general solution, not sure for this
case?

> * There's also a lot of repeated code for processing these options.
> That would need to be refactored.

Ah, I didn't look at the patch yet.

Chris