GSS MIC problems between Unix and Windows

Tom Yu tlyu at MIT.EDU
Tue May 3 16:01:10 EDT 2011

Richard Evans <richard.evans at datanomic.com> writes:

> I suspect that Windows is interpreting the standard slightly differently
> ... given that MIT krb5 and the Java implementation interact fine.
>
> I was just hoping that there was some trick to resolve this.

If Wrap and Unwrap succeed but VerifyMIC doesn't on the same GSS
context, that sounds like a bug.

Also, to draw any conclusions from the RFC 1964 vs RFC 4121 token
format, we would need to see what enctype got negotiated (e.g. by
looking at the AP-REP message for the corresponding MIC tokens).