Authdata, preauth plugin headers

ghudson@MIT.EDU ghudson at MIT.EDU
Thu Jun 2 15:54:19 EDT 2011

We don't install <krb5/preauth_plugin.h> or <krb5/authdata_plugin.h>
currently.  I knew that Luke had decided to make the authdata plugin
interface internal at first; I was surprised to find out that we never
formally made the preauth plugin interface public either.

We kind of need both interfaces to be exposed for 1.10.  I am sort of
tempted to make backward-incompatible changes in the process, such as
converting them to the new plugin infrastructure (so plugins would be
defining vtable initialization functions instead of just static vtable
objects).

Are there open issues people are aware of before these should be made
public?  Alternatively, do people think they have become effectively
public through people copying the header file from our source tree?