RFC: libverto nearing release

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Thu Jul 7 22:17:18 EDT 2011

Greg Hudson <ghudson at MIT.EDU> writes:
> On Thu, 2011-07-07 at 16:56 -0400, Nathaniel McCallum wrote:

>> Fixed. I'm immensely interested in how your Solaris testing goes.

> Okay, three more stumbling blocks:

> 1. No asprintf.
> 2. No strndup.

Tested public domain implementations of both of these are available from:

    http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/software/rra-c-util/

if it helps.  (asprintf does rely on a working snprintf, but anything
later than Solaris 9 should be good there, or you can also grab the
snprintf implementation.)  Note that Mac OS X is also missing strndup.

You will also need the va_copy logic for asprintf (in portable/system.h).