: Why are we using libverto again

Nico Williams nico at cryptonector.com
Thu Jul 7 15:20:09 EDT 2011

Actually, I would say that my biggest concern has to do with signals,
which is where one of the uses of dladdr() comes into play.  If two
pieces of code are setting signal handlers, they'd better take care to
stack atop any previously set handlers for those signals.  Preferably
there will be only one piece of code setting signal handlers, but
while that can be enforced in the KDC, it will be impossible to do so
in a library (libkdc, libgss, ...).  To me this means that you simply
cannot dlclose() the libverto providers if they ever set any signal
handlers.  I'm willing to live with a dl handle leak.

Nico